So, I did a mockup of The Grand Duelist today for #mockyourscreen, which was a really cool concept of making the game’s design before development!
I also wanted to explain how I did what I made, so here’s the meat and bones of the entire mockup:
The 3D

This is the blank 3D background that I made in Blender, which included the shadows of three spheres, which I didn’t render, in order to only get the cool Cycles Render.This took around 5-10 minutes, since I was trying to think of the composition at the time.Fun fact: The shadow for the gramophone wasn’t added until vary late in the mockup, since I hadn’t planned for it. So, I just copied the right shadow and rotated it without any proper measurement, so it may look off.
The sprites

I made all of the sprites in a 32x32 grid in Photoshop CS6. They took around 45 minutes to make and design, since I wanted to be true o my vision of the game and not just make a couple of cowboys, which have no place in 18-th century Europe.I placed the shadow for the gramophone and added the shadow effect to the sprites, since the guns were basically the same color as the background.I also added the cool Title I had made a month ago for our first design docs.Fun fact: When I was writing this I accidentally wrote “design d*cks” instead of “design docs”, which made me laugh at my own perverted stupidity…awe is me…
Final Touches
I put a nice border around the mockup and added the cloud effect to make it look really fancy…thats it…I like fancy things that look fancy.Fun fact: I didn’t like how the border looked at the bottom, since it was a rotated copy of the top side at 180 degrees, since I was too lazy and started to loose interest in doing the mock-up. I made it transparent on the bottom and added clouds to hide the bad work I did when I made the bottom transparent.

Thanks for the read, hope you got something out of it! See you around!

So, I did a mockup of The Grand Duelist today for #mockyourscreen, which was a really cool concept of making the game’s design before development!

I also wanted to explain how I did what I made, so here’s the meat and bones of the entire mockup:

  • The 3D

This is the blank 3D background that I made in Blender, which included the shadows of three spheres, which I didn’t render, in order to only get the cool Cycles Render.
This took around 5-10 minutes, since I was trying to think of the composition at the time.
Fun fact: The shadow for the gramophone wasn’t added until vary late in the mockup, since I hadn’t planned for it. So, I just copied the right shadow and rotated it without any proper measurement, so it may look off.

  • The sprites

I made all of the sprites in a 32x32 grid in Photoshop CS6. They took around 45 minutes to make and design, since I wanted to be true o my vision of the game and not just make a couple of cowboys, which have no place in 18-th century Europe.
I placed the shadow for the gramophone and added the shadow effect to the sprites, since the guns were basically the same color as the background.
I also added the cool Title I had made a month ago for our first design docs.
Fun fact: When I was writing this I accidentally wrote “design d*cks” instead of “design docs”, which made me laugh at my own perverted stupidity…awe is me…

  • Final Touches

I put a nice border around the mockup and added the cloud effect to make it look really fancy…thats it…I like fancy things that look fancy.
Fun fact: I didn’t like how the border looked at the bottom, since it was a rotated copy of the top side at 180 degrees, since I was too lazy and started to loose interest in doing the mock-up. I made it transparent on the bottom and added clouds to hide the bad work I did when I made the bottom transparent.

Thanks for the read, hope you got something out of it! See you around!